[Discuss-gnuradio] changing tag offset in a downstream block

From: Zing Yu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] changing tag offset in a downstream block
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 16:47:47 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I have been playing with stream tags since a while and eventually come across a problem. I have a block A which generates a series of tags. The output of block A is then passed through an interpolation block B. So, a tag which was associated with sample X in block A becomes associated with sample X*I where I is the interpolation amount of block B. Now, what I want is to change the offset of that particular tag from X*I to X*I +/- Z where Z is any positive number such that X*I +/- Z is still a valid sample number in that particular work() call. Any comments on how should I do this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Y.