Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recording continuous I-Q stream and frequency off

From: Nazmul Islam
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recording continuous I-Q stream and frequency offset with an external reference clock
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:30:02 -0400

I got a partial answer to my previously posted question :). When I pass the complex baseband I & Q with a costas loop block, the  output indeed looks like a square wave.

Does it mean that external reference clock does not correct the phase/carrier offset error? Does it only solve the timing error issue?

Thanks,

Nazmul