[Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio building problems

From: J. Domburg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio building problems
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:24:54 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

(Resending, I don't think my mail got through the first time. If it did, my apologies for the duplicate.)

I have a problem with building and running gnuradio. My system is a Debian Unstable one, and I'm trying to build the current git version of gnuradio from source.

Basically, the build itself seems to work fine, but the 'make test' already indicates a problem: apart from atsci-test, gr-core-reed-solomon-test, gr-core-test-all, qa_volk_test_all and gruel-test, all the tests fail.

Then, when I run 'make install' and try to run gnuradio-companion, an error box pops up:

"Cannot import gnuradio.

Is the python path environment variable set correctly?
        All OS: PYTHONPATH

Is the library path environment variable set correctly?
        Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
        Windows: PATH
        MacOSX: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"

The title of the dialog is "ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (init_gnuradio_core_runtime)"

As far as I can see, my PYTHONPATH should be fine (it's /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages, and the gnuradio stuff seems to be located there too) and /usr/local/lib is in my ld.so.conf (and I've run ldconfig) so the things the dialog box hints at should be fine.

Some more info: all the gnuradio-packages that I've installed before are thorougly deleted, so I'm not accidentally executing these. I've also verified my system picks python2.7 by default, so gnuradio isn't trying to run under python3.

I'm fairly good at keeping my system running and I can hack away pretty well in C, but I'm new to Python, so unfortunately I'm a bit miffed by these errors. I'd appreciate any help with solving them...

Cheers,
Jeroen