[Discuss-gnuradio] Conference Details and Updates

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Conference Details and Updates
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:45:19 -0400

Hi everyone! Just a few quick items about the conference.

First, the big news is that we have been awarded a grant from the
National Science Foundation to help support students attending the
conference. Specifically, it is to cover travel costs (planes, trains,
and automobiles) for -roughly- a dozen students to get to the
conference. We are working on details for applicants, but I wanted to
let you all know now so you can start to plan accordingly, especially
if the cost getting to the conference was going to inhibit your
ability to come and therefore participate/present. More details to
follow.

Don't forget that abstracts/proposals for presentations are due on
June 29th. It's a short, simple form to fill out:
http://www.trondeau.com/grc2012-call-for-presentations/

Please also feel free to distribute information to help us promote the
conference. Feel free to use this flyer:
http://www.trondeau.com/storage/grcon2012_flyer.pdf

Remember, all information is or will be available at the main
conference website:
http://www.trondeau.com/gnu-radio-conference-2012/

Thanks!
Tom