[Discuss-gnuradio] Debian package grc_setup_freedesktop problems

From: Mark Cottrell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian package grc_setup_freedesktop problems
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:30:45 +1200

I am trying to build a gnuradio debian package in ubuntu 12.04, but have been having some issues with the postinst and prerm scripts trying to call grc_setup_freedesktop.

Looking at grc/freedesktop/CMakeLists.txt, grc_setup_freedesktop is only installed if you have xdg-utils installed.  However, the postinst and prerm scripts attempt to run it whether xdg-utils is installed or not.  The other issue is that even when xdg-utils is installed, grc_setup_freedesktop is installed to /usr/libexec, but the postinst and prerm scripts are looking for it in /usr/local/libexec.  Am I doing something wrong here or is the cmake config slightly wrong for this stuff?

Thanks,
Mark

This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended recipient. It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this transmission.
If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disseminate, distribute or reproduce such email, any attachments, or any part thereof. If you have received a message in error, please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message and any attachments.
Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or corrupted during transmission nor can we guarantee that any email or any attachments are free from computer viruses or other conditions which may damage or interfere with recipient data, hardware or software. The recipient relies upon its own procedures and assumes all risk of use and of opening any attachments.