[Discuss-gnuradio] Error in new block

From: sakulkar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in new block
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:18:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all

I am quite new to gnuradio. I am trying to create a new block. I have
edited gr-howto codes to make gr-ofdm (although it does not do anything
related to ofdm as of now).

I built it and installed it and it works fine on my lab machine. When I
use the same codes at my home machine, it gives me following errors. In
the lab, I use Ubuntu 12.04 with gnuradio git development code and at home
I use Ubuntu 11.10 with same gnuradio git code.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ofdm_cube.py", line 16, in <module>
    import ofdm.ofdm_swig
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ofdm/ofdm_swig.py"f, line
24, in <module>
    _ofdm_swig = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ofdm/ofdm_swig.py", line
20, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_ofdm_swig', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: libgnuradio-ofdm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I have uploaded my code on github. The link to it is as follows-
https://github.com/sakulkar/gr-ofdm.git

I have ofdm_cube.py and ofdm_power4.py apps in the apps folder which on
running give above error.

I don't know why same code works in one machine and gives error in other
one. Please help me out here. I would like to create a generic code which
would work independent of machine.

thanks!

Regards
Pranav Sakulkar