Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large Sample Spikes after Each Packet in tx_burst

From: Jason Tran
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large Sample Spikes after Each Packet in tx_bursts Example
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 21:07:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

After messing with the code, I think I figured out the problem. I think it's an issue of an underflow like Josh suggested.

tx_waveforms works just fine for me when I send a constant signal (the spikes disappear). However, when I add some extra lines to the loop that populates "buff" and sends it with things such as print statements or more counters, I start invoking underflows. After learning this, I cleared out as much overhead as I could in the packet sending loop in tx_bursts.cpp and found that the signal stabilized without the large sample spikes I posted about earlier.

Maybe if I try to add high priority to the program, I can reduce underflow problems...

-Jason