Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems installing/compiling gnuradio-companion

From: Guenter Koellner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems installing/compiling gnuradio-companion in Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:41:30 +0100 (BST)

Hello Tom,

I got a gnuradio compiled in a VM with 32bit Linux meanwhile, but this is not the target that I am looking for. I want it on my 64bit Linux, as stated above, if possible,

and here, following the build instructions, I am still getting the error when linking:
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libpython2.7.a(abstract.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `_Py_NotImplementedStruct' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/local/lib/libpython2.7.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[2]: *** [gruel/src/swig/_pmt_swig.so] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [gruel/src/swig/CMakeFiles/_pmt_swig.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

Cheers, Günter