Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ubuntu 11.10 UHD build/install apparently failed

From: Jared Harvey
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ubuntu 11.10 UHD build/install apparently failed help please [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 06:31:09 -0400

Hello Alex,

AD> I    would   start   by   installing   Cheetah
AD> [python-cheetah]  and  then  have  another go.
AD> Actually   looking   back   at  your  previous
AD> message,  it  seems  it  already is, but can't
AD> find it.

I  also  just  double  checked, and synaptic notes
it's installed, as you noted.

AD> And why is python in /opt?

/opt/ActivePython-2.7/

I  bet  that's  the  issue.  I  was  playing  with
pymodbus  and  found it would be easier to install
the dependencies if I used Activestate. It appears
the  uninstall  procedure  is to simply delete the
directory,  so I just renamed the activestate dir,
to  break  any  potential  links, then reinstalled
python  under  synaptic  (as a lazy way to fix the
soft  link  and  perhaps some other stuff). Then I
re-ran the script again.

Ding  Ding  Ding,  we have a winner. It compiled a
bunch  of  other stuff under the UHD steps, and is
now  building  GNURadio.  So  it would appear this
issue  has  been  resolved.  Thanks  for the great
support Marcus and Alex.

Here  are  some misc notes that might be handy for
other folks.

When  using  the  script,  do  not  have synaptic,
update manager, or any other package manager open.
If  the  script  can't  get the lock file, it will
fail  in  a  semi  cryptic  fashion. The -v option
indicated  it could not get some lock files, which
I recognized as a multi program access issue.

Marcus  had  me check a couple things, like if the
sub  script  was  working or not, we did this with
these commands.

cd uhd/host/build
cmake ..
make

That seemed OK, so we then did this

make clean
make
echo $?

Which  returned  0  and  still  appeared  correct.
Ultimately  it  was  fixed  with  the  removal  of
Activestate   Pyton,   and   reinstall  of  Ubuntu
provided python.

Best regards.

 Jared Harvey                           Operator KB1GTT

e-mail address@hidden
Web page http://jaredharvey.com