Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clean remote kill of python flowgraph

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clean remote kill of python flowgraph
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:07:53 -0700

On 06/26/2012 03:58 PM, Nowlan, Sean wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to be able to remotely terminate a running Python-only
> flowgraph (no GRC). I basically set up the XMLRPC server to call
> "stop()" and "wait()" on the flowgraph object instance, but it leaves
> the USRP LO up. I would like the radio to be torn down completely.

You need to make the source/sink object go out of scope. Disconnect it
and assign all references to None. That tends to encourage the python GC
to delete.

> Looking at gr_uhd_usrp_sink, it appears that the "stop" method
> overrides gr_top_block's by sending an end-of-burst message to UHD,
> but apparently this isn't doing the trick. Any advice?

There is this unimplemented feature coming to mind. The user selects the
frontend specification (deselects it actually) such that the software
knows SBX frontend isnt mapped to any DSP channels and it gets shutdown
by the software.

-josh