[Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450 Band Pass Filters & Frequencies

From: Michael Hill
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450 Band Pass Filters & Frequencies
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 20:28:15 +0930

The XCVR 2450 covers frequencies around 2.4 GHz and 2.5 GHz and also 4.9 to 5.9 GHz.

When running uhd_usrp_probe it said 2400 to 2700MHz!
(E.g. I assume hardware performance drops off above 2.4 GHz but any reason why it didn't cap my frequency at 2400MHz?)

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/documents/12
Also I'm definitely not a hardware designer but I've been looking at the XCVR2450 datasheet and it seems there is a 2.45 GHz band pass filter for the lower frequency receiver pass (but none for the higher one..) and also for the transmit pass there is a 5.5GHz band pass filter for the higher frequency transmit pass but not the lower one, How come this is the case?

E.g. If I wanted to reduce my unwanted image frequencies etc around 2.4 to 2.5 GHz, could I get another BP filter of the same type and just externally filter before transmitting to the antenna?