[Discuss-gnuradio] fpga halfband filter

From: signalswdm
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] fpga halfband filter
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 15:08:22 +0800 (CST)

Dear everyone:
    In the FPGA code of halfband_decim,v of USRP1, it has a input strobe_in, which indates a new data comes. Strobe_in is determined by the decimation rate. For example  if we decimate by 6 we write to the register FR_DECIM_RATE 6/2-1=2 and strobe_in comes high every 3 clocks.
    My question is that if I want to use halfband filter only to get a decimation of 2 (for other purpose of my FPGA project, not used in USRP), how should I set strobe_in? I noticed that whether I set it equal to the clock or set it equal to 1, the strobe_out always comes high every two clocks and data_out is different. So can you tell me how I should set strobe_in? Besides my data are 8 bits wide, is it proper to pad 0 to my data to reach 16 bits wide?

Best regards