[Discuss-gnuradio] What is the LO Offset?

From: Michael Hill
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] What is the LO Offset?
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 01:22:53 +0930

Hi All,

I've toyed around a fair bit with the UHD_sink parameters for the target Centre Frequency, and in particular using the request command to set the centre freq and the LO Offset.
But i can't seem to see any impact from the LO offset!

E.g.
IF = 5 MHz
Target RF = 100MHz
LO thus would equal 95MHz.

But if I want to get a target RF of 100MHz with an LO of 105MHz.. how do I do this?
Is the LO offset = 5 MHz, or do I state 105MHz?

Thanks in advance!

-Michael