[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with TDD operation

From: yend B.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with TDD operation
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 21:09:29 +0300

Hi,

I was trying to implement a TDD system using UHD  time stamp feature. I used the UHD API
directly (not gr_uhd) to test it first. The transmit path sends bursts periodically, and the receive path
captures all the time. For comparison, I have also recorded the signal from another USRP N200
receiver. The first problem I observed was that few bursts following the FIRST burst
are always lost. Pictures below are snapshots of received signals by the receive path (a) and the
separate receiver (b)
(a)Inline image 2.

Inline image 3
(b)

The second problem is that the receive path does not capture the transmitted signal (c) unless
the USRP box is power restarted. Flushing the receive buffer with the following command
did not fix the problem.

while(true) {
        num_smpls = rx_stream->recv(buffs,
                    rx_spp,
                    md);
        if (md.error_code == uhd::rx_metadata_t::ERROR_CODE_TIMEOUT)
            break;
    }

Inline image 4

Your help would be appreciated.