Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error Running uhd_tx_dpsk.grc and uhd_rx_dpsk.grc

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error Running uhd_tx_dpsk.grc and uhd_rx_dpsk.grc
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:11:36 -0700

On 07/13/2012 01:08 AM, chongmin wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just started on GNURadio for an undergraduate project and I would
> require a little assistance.
>
> I tried to run the dpsk transmitter and receiver examples, found in
> gnuradio/examples/uhd/uhd_rx_dpsk.grc and
> gnuradio/examples/uhd/uhd_tx_dpsk.grc. I am using the N210 USRP with the WBX
> daughterboard and the VERT2450 antenna, with GNURadio version 3.6.0 running
> on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
>
> When I run the transmit file, I receive the following error:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/tmp/uhd_tx_dpsk.py", line 234, in <module>
>     tb = uhd_tx_dpsk(samp_rate=options.samp_rate, freq=options.freq,
> gain=options.gain, address=options.address)
>   File "/tmp/uhd_tx_dpsk.py", line 150, in __init__
>     log=False)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/digital/qpsk.py", line
> 139, in __init__
>     *args, **kwargs)
> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'mod_code'

I believe that this grc file has suffered bit rot due to new
developments in the code, specifically gr-digital component. I think Tom
would know whats missing.

> Both errors look similar and have something to do with “mod_code”. Does
> anyone know how to solve it? Also, any suggestions on another GRC
> receive/transmit example I can use to test out my N210 USRP boards? Thank
> you very much!

If you happen to have a spectrum analyzer and signal generator. Its
often very nice to make a simple GRC app that sends and receives a test
tone.

Be careful if you plan to loopback TX into RX port on the daughterboard.
Use low gain and lots of attenuation!

-josh