[Discuss-gnuradio] CGRAN now breaking projects in to categories, feedbac

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CGRAN now breaking projects in to categories, feedback wanted!
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:16:51 -0400

Hi all,

CGRAN has grown significantly beyond my expectations over the past 4 years!  It started off as two personal projects with the hope of providing somewhere for people to develop applications outside of the main GNU Radio code base.  Now we have 38 projects and a few others in development but not listed!

However, this growth has made our "project list" page a nightmare: daunting/challenging to parse through.  So, I've attempted to break it down in to categories:
https://www.cgran.org/wiki/Projects

I'd really like your feedback on the categories.  The "Applications" category name is mehhhh, but I really couldn't think of how to describe these projects which don't fall anywhere else.  The way I broke down the standards is decent, but maybe there is a better way to describe "other standards" or maybe not use "consumer" standards as a heading.  But, I definitely see some separation there.  Trying to nail down what it is, and could use your help!

Thanks!
George