Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A Question on WX GUI FFT Sink

From: LD Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A Question on WX GUI FFT Sink
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 13:35:02 -0700

Well I should have been more patient before I sent out the last email. It turns out for the functionality I want (flexible zoom in display of the fft spectrum) the block is called simply "QT GUI sink", if I am not mistaken.

When I tried, there is the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ldz/usrp_tests/top_block.py", line 75, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/ldz/usrp_tests/top_block.py", line 58, in __init__
    self.top_layout.addWidget(self._qtgui_sink_x_0_win)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py", line 94, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._tb, name)
AttributeError: 'gr_top_block_sptr' object has no attribute 'top_layout'

I took a look in the top_block.py in my test directory. But I don't understand the problem. I have not yet become accustomed to the python environment.

Please off suggestions. Thanks.

LD

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 09/28/2012 02:15 PM, LD Zhang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a simple GRC demo where the USRP source goes to a WX GUI FFT sink
> and WX GUI Scope sink. They appear to be a good tools for sanity checks.
> One feature I don't find however but I think should be quite necessary is
> when one needs to examine a portion of the FFT spectrum more closely. But I
> don't find an option where one can specify the start and stop frequency for
> the FFT spectrum display. Am I missing something?

WX FFT sink cant do this. But...

FWIW, the QT gui FFT display sink does have a zoom feature.

-josh