Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QS1R SDR support?

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QS1R SDR support?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 09:49:09 -0400

On 02 Oct 2012 09:27, Matthew Biederman wrote:

hi tom,

thanks for your response, thats really too bad - I was hoping to get into the gnuradio software. If I set the QS1R to stream on a particular IP and port, can I just use a UDP source block?

Or better yet, how difficult is it to write a source block for this radio?  Ive looked through the documentation a little maybe it is not as hairy as I imagine? do you have any pointers to documents on writing those particular blocks?

or maybe i am better off trading in my qs1r for a USRP…hmmm

cheers
matthew

Look at the rtl-sdr and gr-osmosdr codebase, which provides support for  a number of different pieces of hardware--and you might be able to convince the OSMOSDR folks to put in QS1R support themselves :-)

But, yeah, get a USRP.  Or two :-)