Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Having issues getting APT-DECODER Sample working

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Having issues getting APT-DECODER Sample working
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 23:24:00 +0300

Hi Tommy,

>and opened it in the file source, and ran the gnuradio program. If I do
> a cat of the output.dat file, I found that there was nothing in it. I
> then opened it in VIM and found the following string repeated:
>
> "address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@^@"
>
> I think those aren't valid characters so maybe the float_to_uchar was
> unsuccessful.
>
> Did you use a different algorithm? Do I need to multiply the input to
> fit it between the 0->1v range before the 255 multiplier?

oooh...I suspect that you have something set wrong now?
I can not understand what you are doing.

To test I downloaded
http://www.poes-weather.com/~patrik/apt/audio/24_June_2009/090724_032529_NOAA_18.wav

Screenshot while decoding using my software
http://poes-weather.com/~patrik/tmp/Screenshot%20from%202012-10-07%
2023:08:09.png

This should be decodable using any software.
I suspect you are on the wrong track now.

Patrik