[Discuss-gnuradio] Underrun in usrp causes corrupted packages

From: Pär Särnblad
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Underrun in usrp causes corrupted packages
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:21:49 +0200

Hi

I've been messing around with the benchmark rx and rx examples to make digital voice communication using codec2. I am using a message queue between the audio rx - codec path and the main loop that is adding packet number and callsigns to the package before sending it on to the tx path.

All works well until I uses a transmission rate higher than then audiopath generates because the usrp gets a underrun, and that is expected. What I didn't expect is that the packages that are sent is corrupted when there is a underrun.Is this due to problems with not pushing data through the usrp and things gets stalled there? The package block is padding for usrp . Should I use the eof flag? How do I solve this problem?

What I want to do is have a queue with different packages and be able to mix voice and data transmissions.

Also, the codec2 block is really outdated but have a working build of the current version and I will submit that when I have tested things out and fixed a block or blocks to handle different bitrates.

/P