[Discuss-gnuradio] Can the io signatur of the gnuradio blocks be dynamic

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can the io signatur of the gnuradio blocks be dynamically updated?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 18:29:40 -0500

Hi,

I know it may not be possible in the current gnuradio blocks framework, but I am still curious if it can be done.
When I write a signal processing block, the io signature could be determined by some parameters. It is ok, if these parameters are fixed. But sometimes, especially in the adaptive system, I need to dynamically update these parameter, which result in the updating of io signature of the blocks. I can make the io_signature to be independent with the dynamic parameters, but it could be more convenient if the io signature can be adapted. Of course, it is not easy, as the io signature change could impact the upstream and downstream.

Thanks,

--

Alex,
Dreams can come true – just believe.