Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg : ofdm_bpsk_mapper & ofdm_mapper_bcv

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reg : ofdm_bpsk_mapper & ofdm_mapper_bcv
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:32:59 -0400

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 7:13 PM, sumitstop
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have gnuradio version 3.6.2-13-g65ea256f
>
> Q1 : In the directory */usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/ofdm* I
> tried to run ofdm_mod_demod_test.py
> but it threw the error * 'module' object has no attribute
> 'ofdm_bpsk_mapper'*
> I tried to locate ofdm_bpsk_mapper but couldn't find it in my system
> I remember it was running last year

The bpsk mapper has been removed in 3.6. It was only used in this one
file but was replaced by the more general ofdm_mapper_bcv. You can
probably easily patch this Python file to use the new one pretty
easily. But I also wouldn't spend a lot of time on that one, the
benchmark scripts are more interesting and useful.

> Rest of all the files are running fine i.e. benchmark_tx.py, rx.py etc
>
> Q2 : I was running the *uhd_tx_ofdm.grc* example from the gr_apps
> https://github.com/trondeau/gr_apps
>
> When I run it , I get the error *'module' object has no attribute
> 'ofdm_mapper_bcv'*
>
> *File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/blks2impl/ofdm.py",
> line 97, in __init__
> self._pkt_input = gr.ofdm_mapper_bcv(rotated_const, msgq_limit,
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ofdm_mapper_bcv'*
>
> I tried to locate ofdm_mapper_bcv and got it in the include path
>
> */usr/local/include/gnuradio/digital_ofdm_mapper_bcv.h
> /usr/local/include/gnuradio/gr_ofdm_mapper_bcv.h
> /usr/local/include/gnuradio/swig/digital_ofdm_mapper_bcv.i
> /usr/local/include/gnuradio/swig/gr_ofdm_mapper_bcv.i*

Those gr_apps don't get too much work. I didn't know anyone actually
used them. They were mostly a stop-gap while switching over to the UHD
and are based on v3.5. What you're having issues with is probably just
due to importing the module. Try changing the line to use the digital
module (digital.ofdm_mapper_bcv).

> Q3 : There is another folder of ofdm inside *gnuradio/examples/ofdm* apart
> from *gnuradio/examples/digital/ofdm*
> There also I am facing errors like :
>
> *ofdm_mod_demod_test.py  ----   'module' object has no attribute
> 'ofdm_bpsk_mapper'
> benchmark_ofdm.py ---- 'module' object has no attribute 'ofdm_mapper_bcv'
> benchmark_tx.py ---- 'module' object has no attribute 'ofdm_mapper_bcv'*
>
> Is it my improper installation or some files/modules have been depreciated
> in the new version !!

There is some duplication of work in 3.6 as we're moving over to 3.7.
The OFDM stuff right now exists in both gnuradio-core and gr-digital.
It's a bit messy, but a necessity due to the major changes.

It'd still be a good idea to clean out your installation and
reinstall, especially if you had a 3.5 version installed before.

Tom