Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_delay behaviour

From: Johannes Schmitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_delay behaviour
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 18:54:01 +0200

I am now just using a simple gr_block to asynchronously skip some
samples from time to time by calling

consume_each(d_skip_size);
return 0;

I didn't define any forecast function and it seems to work fine but I
am wondering what is the performance impact of not doing this.
Shouldn't I basically somehow let the scheduler know that I am
skipping something by writinga custom forecast?
The amount of skipped samples is relatively low compared to the passed samples.