[Discuss-gnuradio] pdu and stream tagging in 3.6.3

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] pdu and stream tagging in 3.6.3
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:14:48 +0000

I'm playing around with the new gr_pdu_to_tagged_stream/gr_tagged_stream_to_pdu blocks. Is there something that can translate between the new tag format and the standard tx_sob (start of burst)/tx_eob (end of burst)/tx_time tags?

I guess it's possible to write a packet scheduler if you fix a timestamp in the PMT metadata dictionary? I think this would involve writing a message source block that could attach PMT pairs containing tx_sob/PMT_T and tx_time/tuple(uint64_t secs, double frac_secs). A downstream block could read the pdu_length tag and put a tx_eob/PMT_T stream tag at the appropriate place. Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Sean