[Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting TCP Sink to VLC media player

From: Lu ZHANG
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting TCP Sink to VLC media player
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 20:03:04 +0800 (CST)

Hello all,
Problem when I send my audio stream from the TCP Sink to a media player.
I have read the earlier mails and tried the examples with TCP Source/Sink in GRC.
They look like this:
(tcp_sink_test.grc): Signal Source --> Throttle --> TCP Sink
(tcp_source_test.grc):  TCP Source--> WX GUI Scope Sink
And they work well.

Actually I would like to hear the Sound from a median player (like VLC media player). So I replace the Audio Sink from the "dial_tone" example with the TCP Sink(tcp://127.0.0.1:12345).
Then I open the VLC media player and give this address to VLC.   "tcp://127.0.0.1:12345 - VLC media player" is showed on the top of the VLC window and the WX GUI Slider is also showed, so that I can change the volume and the noise. But I cann't hear anything from VLC...

But when I run this Flow Graph: File Source(with a wav file)-->TCP Sink
This time I can hear the music that I imported in the File Source. So I suppose that my VLC player itself is not brocken.

Any idea why the still?

Thanks

Lu