Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] branch next - analolg FM modulators do not work?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] branch next - analolg FM modulators do not work?
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:15:10 -0500

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 3:19 AM, Ralph A. Schmid <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with branch "nect" I get an error like this wenn for example a simple NBFM or
> WBFM transmitter is built:
>
> howing: "/media/RAS_SD/Documents/Stereo-TX.grc"
>
> Generating: "/media/RAS_SD/Documents/top_block.py"
>
> Executing: "/media/RAS_SD/Documents/top_block.py"
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/media/RAS_SD/Documents/top_block.py", line 9, in <module>
>     from gnuradio import blks2
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/blks2/__init__.py",
> line 37, in <module>
>     exec "from gnuradio.blks2impl.%s import *" % (f,)
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
> packages/gnuradio/blks2impl/channel_model.py", line 26, in <module>
>     channel_model = gr.channel_model
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'channel_model'

> Not a really big problem as still "master" works fine...
>
> Ralph.

Ralph,

We have discussed and warned about this on the mailing list with our
move to the 3.7 API. Because we are making core changes to the API and
in which modules the blocks exist, we know there are going to be
breakages in the example code. We are waiting until we are done
transitioning all of the blocks before we make a concerted effort to
fix all of them. Basically, if we fixed them for every change we made,
we'd just be repeatedly fixing them. The 'next' branch is not
guaranteed to right now work with all of the effort going in to 3.7.

Tom