Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Copyrights using gr-modtool

From: Sean Nowlan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Copyrights using gr-modtool
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:07:58 -0400

1) If I copy a gnuradio block (copyright FSF), tweak a few things, and
redistribute, FSF retains copyright and I have no copyright to the changes
No, that's not what I said (or at least meant). The code generated
from gr-modtool is copyrighted by the FSF. If you add any
modifications to the file, that new code will be your copyright. You
would then add a copyright notice into the file to say that this is
copyright you, 2013.
Ok, thanks. I didn't mean to imply that's what you said; just getting further clarification. :) Basically I'll retain FSF copyright notice (it would be a violation to remove it) and add mine.

--sean