Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Adding UCLA_Zigbee_PHY

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Adding UCLA_Zigbee_PHY
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 07:14:00 +0100

Hi,

On 03/19/2013 05:14 AM, Songsong Gee wrote:
Thanks your advice.

One more thing, is there any documentation or implementation of IEEE
802.15.4 which is compatible with TelosB device?
I heard that TelosB uses similar but different MAC and PHY with standard
IEEE 802.15.4

I'm still working on modifying the code for TelosB

I guess you are mixing some stuff. TelosB is the hardware and has an IEEE 802.15.4 transceiver. The PHY is therefore always IEEE 802.15.4. Dependent on the OS (e.g. Contiki, TinyOS) on which you base your firmware, you can select different MAC layers. In the example that I added, I basically switch of duty cycling (i.e. the receiver is always on).

in contiki/project-conf.h:
#define NETSTACK_CONF_RDC nullrdc_driver

Dependent on the algorithm that you actually want to use, you would have to adapt the GNU Radio blocks.

With the blocks and the firmware I am able to communicate with the TelosB mote (SDR <-> SDR and SDR <-> TelosB). Is that working for you?

Cheers,
Bastian