Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Transmit

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Transmit
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:52:58 +0100

Much nicer :)

My Swiss army knife in RF is a RTL2832/E4000 stick, the Hama nano
DVB-T-Receiver.
http://dk5ras.dyndns.org/tmp/nano.jpg - unplugged after taking a look at a LTE
channel with it.

It is SMALL, it is (unlike the other cheap sticks) almost perfectly shielded,
when you unplug the MCX connector, then there is NOTHING left but internal
spurious peaks... I like it that much that I even ordered a spare one, in case
I fry again a RTL4000 tuner chip for unknown reason or simply lose the tiny
little thing.

Can't repeat it often enough, hdsdr, sdr#, RTL2832, USRP1, gnuradio - this
opens a whole new world for RF enthusiasts. We live in an exciting decade!

Ralph.