Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio on Scientific Linux 6.3

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio on Scientific Linux 6.3
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:15:51 -0400

On 22 Mar 2013 09:26, Jonathan Fox wrote:

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Jonathan Fox <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 4:29 AM, Martin Luelf <address@hidden> wrote:
> Possibly Ubuntu sets up /usr/local to be regular-user
> writeable, but that would be a horrible security flaw.

At least for my Ubuntu 12.04 /usr/local is owned by root:root with 0755
permissions and everything else would have given me nightmares ;)

Maybe you started the script with sudo, instead of letting the script
itself call sudo, then you would have had the necessary permissions.

Yours
Martin

I need to recheck the whole Ubuntu thing as soon as I get back to my lab.

For my SL problem, I think it installed albeit without gnuradio companion working. I try to run "gnuradio-companion" in terminal and I get this following error:

Cannot import gnuradio.

Is the python path environment variable set correctly?
    All OS: PYTHONPATH

Is the library path environment variable set correctly?
    Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    Windows: PATH
    MacOSX: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

I tried setting the paths in my .bashrc here:

# .bashrc

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
fi

# User specific aliases and functions

# library path for gnuradio
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib64

# python path for gnuradio
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages

Oddly enough at the end of the build script I did not get the usual set pythonpath message (around line 1219 in the buildscript). I am going to test out the UHD driver tonight with an actual USRP.

Jon

Quick update. GRC started after I rebooted. I still need to check to see if everything runs without a hitch.

Keep in mind that changes made to your .bashrc only take effect the next time you log in, or the next time you crack open a command window, but only if the command window tool is configured to "run as login shell".