Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Check for gr-ctrlport

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Check for gr-ctrlport
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 23:37:39 +0100

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Is there a recommended or preferred way an application should check
>> for the availability of control port? I can see some #ifdef
>> GR_CTRLPORT in the gnuradio headers but that is only defined while
>> compiling gnuradio. If there is a safe check I could perform at cmake
>> time I would prefer that.
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Alex
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> Good question. This is what the config.h file is for. It's installed
> into $prefix/include/gnuradio/config.h. If ControlPort is defined and
> built for the project, it will be defined in this file as "#define
> GR_CTRLPORT". If you include that header file, you can test #ifdef
> GR_CTRLPORT in your own work.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. This will work for me, but it seems some cmake
magic is missing from the build procedure because GR_CTRLPORT is not
defined in the config.h that I have. Here are the contents:

#ifndef GNURADIO_CONFIG_H
#define GNURADIO_CONFIG_H
#ifndef TRY_SHM_VMCIRCBUF
#define TRY_SHM_VMCIRCBUF
#endif
#ifndef GR_PERFORMANCE_COUNTERS
/* #undef GR_PERFORMANCE_COUNTERS */
#endif
#ifndef GR_CTRLPORT
/* #undef GR_CTRLPORT */
#endif
#ifndef ENABLE_GR_LOG
#define ENABLE_GR_LOG
#endif
#ifndef HAVE_LOG4CPP
#define HAVE_LOG4CPP
#endif

#endif /* GNURADIO_CONFIG_H */

The cmake step says gr-ctrlport is enabled.

Alex