[Discuss-gnuradio] macport switching between gnuradio and gnuradio-devel

From: Michael L Kornegay
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] macport switching between gnuradio and gnuradio-devel ports with installed gr-osmosdr?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:26:30 -0400

Mike,

I wanted to switch from gnuradio macport to gnu radio-devel port to hopefully
avoid the following error:

bash-3.2$ ./multimode.py
Mac OS; GNU C++ version 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build
2336.11.00); Boost_105300; UHD_003.005.001-0-unknown

Using Volk machine: sse4_1_64_orc
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./multimode.py", line 1086, in <module>
    tb = multimode(ahw=options.ahw, ppm=options.ppm, vol=options.vol,
ftune=options.ftune, xftune=options.xftune, srate=options.srate,
upclo=options.upclo, devinfo=options.devinfo, agc=options.agc,
arate=options.arate, upce=options.upce, mthresh=options.mthresh,
flist=options.flist, mbw=options.mbw, deemph=options.deemph,
dmode=options.dmode, dfifo=options.dfifo, aout=options.aout, freq=options.freq)
  File "./multimode.py", line 301, in __init__
    self.wxgui_waterfallsink2_0.set_callback(wxgui_waterfallsink2_0_callback)
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/hier_block2.py",
 line 54, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._hb, name)
AttributeError: 'gr_hier_block2_sptr' object has no attribute 'set_callback'
bash-3.2$

I had the following installed:

bash-3.2$ port installed gnuradio
  gnuradio
@3.6.4.1_0+docs+full+grc+jack+orc+portaudio+python27+qtgui+sdl+swig+uhd+wavelet+wxgui
 (active)
bash-3.2$
bash-3.2$ port installed rtl-sdr
  rtl-sdr @20130301_0 (active)
bash-3.2$
bash-3.2$ port installed gr-osmosdr
  gr-osmosdr @20130313_0+docs+full+python27+swig+uhd (active)
bash-3.2$

I deactivated gnuradio, and installed and activated gnuradio-devel.  However
this will not work with gr-osmosdr port since it is dependent on 'gnuradio',
see (I assume there is an issue with not being able to be dependent on two
other ports in an 'or' relationship?):

bash-3.2$ port deps gr-osmosdr
Full Name: gr-osmosdr @20130313_0+python27
Fetch Dependencies:   git-core
Build Dependencies:   cmake
Library Dependencies: gnuradio, rtl-sdr, python27
bash-3.2$

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
mlk

PS: Thanks for adding the gr-osmosdr package to macports.  Hopefully there is a
simple way to install it so that it can work with either gnuradio or
gnuradio-devel when switching back and forth.  I suppose another way to do this
might be to not install macports gr-osmosdr and instead install their package
in /user/local so that either gnuradio or gnuradio-devel could use it without
the dependency issue.