[Discuss-gnuradio] transmitter receiving its own packet

From: Sahoo, Anirudha
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] transmitter receiving its own packet
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 14:25:51 -0400

Hi,

  I have two USRP N210s. The sender’s “Tx/Rx” port

is connected to the receiver’s “Rx2” port and vice-versa (via RF-cable).

I have a python app running on the sender and receiver which sends

a REQ packet to the receiver.  I see that the sender receives

its own packet. In this app, the receiver is supposed

to send an ACK packet when it receives the REQ packets.

So, on both the USRPs, the rx and tx paths are set up.

Is the problem occurring because the sender is transmitting

on the “Tx/Rx” port and the rx path is valid when the transmission

is happening? If so, how do I switch off the rx path while

transmitting (is there a uhd API routine for that?)?

Any insight will be really helpful.

thanks and regards

--Anirudh Sahoo

Advanced Network Technology Div.

National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)

100 Bureau Drive,

Gaithersburg, MD - 20878

Room – B230, bldg.- 222

Phone- 301-975-4439