Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build relief

From: Marc Hölscher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build relief
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 21:02:17 +0000

Thanks a lot, it greatly helped and the build now succeeds.

But since you asked...

On 04/05/13 20:43, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> The technique is rather general and simple now that the full syntax
> has been tested, so we could split it up even further or do similar to
> other components if they grow too large. I'd rather not, but this is a
> possibility.

The files

gnuradio-core/src/lib/swig/CMakeFiles/_gnuradio_core_general.dir/gnuradio_core_generalPYTHON_wrap.cxx

and

gnuradio-core/src/lib/swig/CMakeFiles/_gnuradio_core_gengen.dir/gnuradio_core_gengenPYTHON_wrap.cxx

take approximately four hours to compile on a 500 MB RAM
machine so I suspect it would speed up things a lot if you split up this
file too.

Regards,
        Marc Hölscher