[Discuss-gnuradio] Seeking mentor in GSoC

From: Gong Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Seeking mentor in GSoC
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:14:51 +0800

Dear All,
  I'm a graduate student and my research area includes wireless sensor networks
and signal processing.
  I notice the lack of a absolute clock synchronization method in USRP without
cable or external input such as GPSDO.And the sync arruracy should be as high
as microsecond.This is crucial for some applications such as
localization,frequency hopping,relay communication,joint sensing and TDMA.My
target is to perform a block like this.
  My current thinking is a timestamp based sync method.The general idea is the
following.
USRP A send several some data which contains the time stamp (called send
timestamp) when itself was send.USRP B receive the data and record the time
stamp (called received timestamp) when it was received.After demodulation of
the data,B get the send timestamp.With these two timestamp,B can do some signal
process to reach absolute clock synchronization.
  And now the problem is that I need a mentor.If you are interested, please
contact me.
  Thank you in advance.
Best,
ZG