Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-modtool: command not found?

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-modtool: command not found?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:19:06 +0200

If you're using an older version of GNU Radio, you can download a
standalone script at
https://github.com/mbant/gr-modtool/raw/master/gr_modtool.py.

Just copy that into your $PATH. It's not as complete as that in GNU
Radio, though.

MB

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 09:50:11PM -0400, Nazmul Islam wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have used the python and gnuradio-companion parts of gnuradio till now. I am
> going through the tutorial of http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/
> wiki/OutOfTreeModules#gr-modtool-The-swiss-army-knife-of-module-editing at
> present. I have tried to execute both of the following commands outside my
> gnuradio directory:
>

> gr_modtool newmod howto
>
> gr-modtool newmod howto
>
> Unfortunately, I get the following error:
>
> gr_modtool: command not found
>

> The website says that gr-modtool comes with gnuradio installation by default.
> installed this version of gnuradio 6-7 months ago (Can I check my gnuradio
> version with a simple command?).
>

> Since I don't have gr_modtool, do I have to install it separately?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Nazmul
>

> --
> Muhammad Nazmul Islam
>
> Graduate Student
> Electrical & Computer Engineering
> Wireless Information & Networking Laboratory
> Rutgers, USA.

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun