Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] accessing gr-blocks, gr-filter, gr-digital, etc.

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] accessing gr-blocks, gr-filter, gr-digital, etc. in out-of-tree module
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:03:56 -0400

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Sean Nowlan
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/22/2013 02:49 PM, Sean Nowlan wrote:
>>
>> On 04/22/2013 11:59 AM, Sean Nowlan wrote:
>>>
>>> So this sets up both include and linker paths? I've been trying to update
>>> some code to the new namespace-based API. I can compile OK but I'm getting
>>> "symbol not found" errors when importing from swig. It's possible the swig
>>> files aren't right, but I modeled them after the output of gr_modtool. I
>>> suspect there's a linking issue.
>>

>> That should read: I'm getting "ImportError: [...] undefined symbol" errors
>> whenever I import the package. Everything compiles including SWIG wrapper
>> file.
>

> Ok, solved my problem. It turns out I hadn't declared member functions as
> pure virtual (i.e., "virtual xyz f() = 0") in the public header file.

Sean,

Great that you got it all cleared up! We'll be improving the cmake
find_package for GNU Radio before the release, for sure, but it looks
like it's mostly working. Probably mostly needs to be

Could you maybe update the wiki on issues to consider when upgrading
to 3.7 for what you had to do here? It's useful to keep tabs on things
people might consider when upgrading their projects.

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Move_3-6_to_3-7

Thanks!
Tom