Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7 SWIG mess up

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.7 SWIG mess up
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 13:47:00 -0700

On May 31, 2013, at 13:41, Sylvain Munaut <address@hidden> wrote:

> Trying to load anything in gnuradio compiled from master just result in :
>
> ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (init_runtime_swig)
>
> I rebuilt it twice, each time starting from scratch and the last time
> without any build parallelism.

I have only seen this when using make -jN to build.  Once it happens,
you either need to do a make clean or to start with an entirely new
build directory to ensure that the swig module in fact gets recompiled
and reinstalled.  (It sounds like you did this but it wasn't clear.)

We do have some lingering parallel build issues with swig modules.