[Discuss-gnuradio] Jack Audio

From: Rob Frohne
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Jack Audio
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:22:37 -0700

Hi All,

I would like to try some experiments with gnuradio using the Jack Audio Connection Kit as the input source. Following a note from 2009 that Eric made, I put did the following:

Much easier to just edit ~/.gnuradio/config.conf
Add these three lines to the file:

[audio]
verbose = True
audio_module = audio_jack

I tried the build that was made today with the ./build-gnuradio script, and get the following message:

Could not find audio architecture "audio_jack" in registry.

    Defaulting to the first available architecture...

when running gnuradio-companion with a source and sink setup there.

In 2012, Anton had the same error message, so Tom suggested that he look at what cmake was saying, and cmake is saying to me:

address@hidden:~/Projects/gnuradio/gnuradio/build$ cmake ../ |grep jack

-- Found jack: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libjack.so

Tom also said to change the gr-auido.conf, and I did it.

You'll also need to tell the config file to you jack, which you'll
find in $prefix/etc/gnuradio/conf.d/gr-audio.conf and change 'auto' to
'jack.'

I still get the same message about defaulting to the first available architecture.

Does anyone have any insight that will help me out?

Thanks!

Rob

--
Rob Frohne, PhD, PE