Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: GRExtras with gnuradio 3.6.5

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: GRExtras with gnuradio 3.6.5
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 12:45:17 -0400

On 06/11/2013 12:29 PM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> On 06/11/2013 12:26 PM, Gonzalo Flores De La Parra wrote:
>> I just installed gnuradio 3.6.5 and every works perfect, i observe a
>> lot of new and useful blocks. Among that i can see grextras install on
>> my gnuradio source directory, but i can't see the blocks "Extras:.."
>> on GRC. Do i need to install them apart or is it ok if a remove the
>> directory and install grextras on my own?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> I don't think gr-extras currently builds properly, because it's missing
> gras, which is also now required for a proper build.

To be clear, if you are looking to install grextras for use w/ precog
for example, you need a gnuradio 3.6.4 and then to install gr-extras
from this branch
https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/tree/grextras_v3.6

If you want to use the awesome blocks on this page:
https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki/Blocks

Just follow the directions here, and you get those gr-extras blocks and
gnuradio, its all submoduled into this top level package:
https://github.com/guruofquality/gras/wiki/Build

-josh