Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK MODULATOR output different after modulation

From: Adeel Anwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK MODULATOR output different after modulation and according to UHD_FFT
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 07:09:48 -0700

Jay,

As per my experience with USRP-N210 and RFX2400, if gain setting are high and this causes signal amplitude to be > -20/30 dBm  then the received signal will be distorted.
To overcome this
 1. Reduce Rx-Gain
 2. OR Reduce Tx-Gain
 3. OR Increase distance between USRP

This distortion maybe due to USRP ADC saturation at signal >-20/30dBm but i am not sure. Maybe someone from Ettus-Research may comment on it