Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Xlate FIR filter broken in gr 3.7

From: Monahan-Mitchell, Tim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Xlate FIR filter broken in gr 3.7
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 22:16:57 +0000

<rant>

I would vote for making copious use of the <doc> section in every block’s XML file.

For example, as a beginner, I spent a lot of time fiddling with “Stream to Vector” to figure out the parameters were opposite from what I thought they were. It is frustrating to open up a block’s sheet and find it “empty”.

</rant>

> On 08/08/2013 05:01 PM, Andrew Davis wrote:

> Also, this change breaks a very important and very used part of hundreds of projects over the last ten years to make a variable name make slightly more since, when you could just change the variable name to 'frequency_shift' and leave the functionality the way it was.

> Andrew

>  I have to agree.  It's one thing to muck with the API semantics of a block that is "new" and hardly anyone has used.  It's quite another to
  make a change like this on a block that has been in use for many years, with folks having figured out the semantics, despite the odd naming.