Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting FIR Taps to None in C++

From: Luke B
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting FIR Taps to None in C++
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:09:46 -0400

when you're resampling, you *always* need FIR filters. Can you confirm
your application really doesn't need them and that you have fully
understood the theory behind resampling?

I definitely don't really understand what I am doing. I am more of a software guy. Prior to resampling I already used a low-pass filter to get the section of signal I need. The GRC file I am basing my program off of simply has "[]" for the taps, so I am assuming a neutral element is needed.

The filter equivalent of a neutral element would be a Dirac impulse,
i.e. std::vector<float>(1, 1) (In Python notation: (1,) ).

I will give this a try and see how it works.

I recommend you calculate suitable taps a-priori (say, using
gr_filter_design) and import them as a static vector into your code.

MB

This sounds like a better option. Thanks! Clearly I have a lot to learn about RF.

 -Luke

What's for dinner? Visit www.cookography.com to find out!