Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on ARM: gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmat (3)

From: esterhui
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on ARM: gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmat (3): Invalid argument
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:51:17 -0700 (PDT)

> You can override it in the ~/.gnuradio/prefs/vmcircbuf_default_factory file.

Thanks for the input, I can override with:

gr::vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open_factory
or
gr::vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile_factory

and now things seem to work. I believe I know what happened though - the
very first time I compiled gnuradio, it was in the qemu user environment,
where gr::vmcircbuf_sysv_shm passed, this then was added to the
~/.gnuradio/prefs/vmcircbuf_default_factory file. I then NFS mount this
stuff to the Zynq processor (where sysv_shm doesn't work). The key is to
either remove ~/.gnuradio when switching between qemu (emulated
environment) and the real deal, or to override the
vmcircbuf_default_factory file.

Cheers

 - Stephan

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 07:41:33AM -0700, Tom Rondeau-2 [via GnuRadio] wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Philip Balister <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> Agree.  This was a good topic of discussion at the last hackfest in
> >> Virginia, and I expect there will be a presentation or two at GRCON13 on
> >> alternatives when dealing with FPGA and GPU offload architectures.
> >>

> > In the short term, do you know which buffer allocator GNU Radio prefers
> > to use? Can we just disable the shm based one?
> >
> > Philip
> >

> You can override it in the ~/.gnuradio/prefs/vmcircbuf_default_factory file.
>
> Just put in there the line (with no newline):
>
> gr::vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory
>

> And that will tell the system to use that method of managing the
> circular buffers.
>
> Though it's supposed to test to see if your system can handle the
> shared memory method first before setting this prefs file. So I guess
> there's something different on the ARM that's not being tested for
> compliance here.
>
> --
> Tom
> Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4