[Discuss-gnuradio] Antennas

From: Richard Thornton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Antennas
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 11:06:47 +1000

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is slightly OT but I am new to gnu-radio, radio and SDR.

I am interested in what people are doing for antennas, I was thinking
that some kind of modular antenna would be cool, basically an SMA
connector, some cable, a groundplane with a hole to slot the antenna
in to, you could then change the actual antenna piece for different
frequencies, no doubt I am missing something fundamental?

So my SDR has a frequency range of 300MHz - 3.8GHz, so you could have
20 pieces of thick wire (your antenna), each one a different length.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers
Richard