[Discuss-gnuradio] WavFile_Sink Issues: slowed down sound - multiplied p

From: Luke Berndt
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] WavFile_Sink Issues: slowed down sound - multiplied playing time
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:53:15 -0400

So I clearly have a sample rate mis-match. I am trying to record the audio from the gr-dsd block. I don't seem to have an issue doing it using GRC. However when I try doing using C++ the audio sounds extra slow and choppy and the playing time is much longer than I was actually recording for. I gr-dsd block is supposed to output audio at 8khz. I have the wavfile_sink set at 8000 for the samples per sec parameter. I use the same setting in GRC and it works fine. I have also tried passing this through a resampler to get the audio rate up to 44.1khz and I still have the same problem. If I use an audio_sink set to a sample rate of 44100 instead, I am able to listen to the audio with no problem.

Any idea what is going on or what I can try?

Here is a sample of the output: https://soundcloud.com/hackrfsounds/moto-smartnet-recording

Thanks!