Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] File sink

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] File sink
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 01:57:05 +0200

Hello Sumit Kurmar,

this depends on what you want to do with your data, the data rate, and the
amount of effort your willing to make.

- Easiest solution: Use the "delay" block with a delay of (sample rate) * 15s.
Advantage: Yields a GNU Radio sample stream that's delayed by 15s. Drawback: This can be
a _large_ amount of samples, so this might actually fail if GNU Radio is not able to
allocate a shared buffer that's big enough to hold them; there are ways around that,
anyways.

- Versatile solution: Write your own signal processing block. It's really a
simple exercise when done in python or in C++, whatever is the language of your
choice.
Just implement a ring buffer of length (sample rate)*15s by keeping an input
counter that increments (mod length) whenever you copy input samples to the
internal buffer, and either write a method that returns a (linear) copy of the
stored data or dumps it to a file or emits it as a message or starts pushing it
to the output buffer or does whatever your application needs.

Happy Hacking,
Marcus