[Discuss-gnuradio] set_command_time ack timeout issue

From: Steve Zygmunt
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] set_command_time ack timeout issue
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 10:48:19 -0600

I was wondering if anyone could give some insight into how the
set_command_time() command handles the ack.  I am having an issue where the
system/thread locks waiting for an ACK from a set_center_freq() or if the
set_command_time is far enough in the future then the fifo ctrl times out with:

  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/uhd/uhd_swig.py",
 line 2827, in set_center_freq
    return _uhd_swig.usrp_source_sptr_set_center_freq(self, *args)
RuntimeError: RuntimeError: fifo ctrl timed out looking for acks

The end goal I am trying to achieve is to tune at a specific time.  The only
other approach to solve that I can see is to add a tune flag to the stream and
modify the gr-uhd and uhd software to handle appropriately, which I would
rather not open that can of worms if I don't have to.  Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

System:
Mac Laptop with 10.8 with USRP N210
Macports gnuradio-devel @3.7.1_20130821