Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF and gnuradio?

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF and gnuradio?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 06:41:55 +0200

Hi,

> There was a recent change which added a call to libusb_get_version() which
> doesn't exist in 1.0.9 of libusbx.  So if you're running that, you should
consider
> updating to a newer version.  I know it exists in
> 1.0.12 and later.  What version of libusbx are you using?  Is it a
possibility to
> update?  version 1.0.17 was recently released.
>
>     https://github.com/libusbx/libusbx

Ah, OK, this one did the job :) Thanks!

> After moving to libusb instead of a straight kernel driver, the current
work to go
> on the driver right now is to interface with the asynchronous stream
instead of
> using the synchronous transmit and receive interface.  The kernel driver
did a bit
> of pseudo asynchronous shenanigans on the synchronous interface whereas
the
> libusb synchronous interface does not.  This will limit the effective
samplerate,
> but we're working on getting it resolved.
>
> As for any other issues - anything specifically you're seeing that is an
error and
> stopping the flowgraph?

To be honest, I even am not sure that I am doing things right, following the
settings a guy posted in the forum. There the path to the fpga file is
entered as an option into the osmo block. My problem is, I am a radio guy,
not a Linux guy - I know that the whole sw support is very beta and in a
growing process, but collecting small pieces of information from a confusing
forum and not knowing if valid or outdated, this is not exactly the way that
brings me to success :-)

At the moment I can load the FPGA from the command line (and the LEDs start
flashing then), but not out of grc. Of course there are errors, and I can
repeat the procedure and post them, but at the moment I guess that I simply
do some basic stuff totally wrong.

> Brian

Ralph.