Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Proper way to update pybombs

From: M Dammer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Proper way to update pybombs
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 14:06:40 +0100

On 14/09/13 15:30, Tim wrote:
> On 09/14/2013 06:01 AM, M Dammer wrote:
>> How can I update pybombs (to get the latest version and update the
>> recipes) without loosing the information about my gnuradio build?
> in your pybombs directory or pybombs recipe directory run
>
> git remote update
> git pull
>
> this should pull down any pybombs updates that may be available
> you may want to 'git stash' before pulling and 'git stash pop' after if
> you have any local changes.
> or merge with a local branch with local modifications if you know what
> you are doing

Thanks Tim for your detailed reply, but this does not work for me. I am
getting a lot of "conflict" messages like this:
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in RPCPybombs.ice
Auto-merging .bash_completion.d/pybombs
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in .bash_completion.d/pybombs
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

and at the very end the pybombs file itself is corrupted. It looks like
the output of a "diff" merged with working python code. I think I am
going to rebuild everything ... :-(

Mark